Ultimate Lisbon Getaway / 4 Days
The secret is out and Portugal has taken over as the most visited European destinations in the last couple of years. Beautiful Lisbon is definitely taking over the spotlight and it isn’t difficult to see why!
It truly is an unique city that’s both very old-fashioned, relaxed and community oriented as well as cosmopolitan, lively and very trendy. It’s gaining a reputation as a hub for young start ups, though that hasn’t detracted from the overwhelming sense of tradition. Oh, and there’s a spectacular panoramic view and delicious coffee on pretty much every corner!
Imagine it – the sun is shining, you are people watching while sipping on wine from the Duoro Valley, checking out some of the Lisbon’s best eateries, exploring the neighbouring magical city of Sintra, and listening to Fado in an amazing company of women who love to travel as much as you do!
On this trip we will take you to explore behind the obvious, touristy places and show you our favourite spots in Lisbon. With us you’ll discover genuine and traditional places outside the tourist track. Portugal has been quite overwhelmed with tourists recently and this tour is created to support the local economy and products made in Portugal!
• November 29th– December 2nd, 2019 (5 places left)
• January 25th -January 28th, 2020 (6 places left)
• February 25th,– February 28th, 2020 (sold out)
• May 1st– May 4th, 2020 (8 places left)
Trip Length: 4 days, 3 nights
Trip Style: Food & Culture
Group Size: 4-14
Price: 580 GBP
Day 1: Welcome to Portugal!
Welcome to Lisbon, one of the world’s most charming cities! While we wait for the rest of the girls to arrive, expect to spend the morning settling in and chilling with some delicious coffee and world’s famous pastel de nata.
Once everyone have arrived, we will explore Lisbon together with our favourite guide! We’ll stroll through the oldest districts, taking in the beautiful architecture, old bookstores, pastel hued buildings and iconic tile work.
We will most certainly stroll through famous Alfama and then Bica, one of Lisbon’s most photographed neighbourhood where the funicular goes up and down the hill since 1892. This is a tour to learn about the city, the stories and traditions, it’s a cultural tour, not a touristic walking tour. We will take you to some of our favourite places and by the end of the day you'll fell like part of this beautiful city!
For our welcome dinner, we'll head to one of the Lisbon's hot spots where you will feast on some delicious local food and lots of wine to celebrate a wonderful weekend ahead.
- Please try and arrive in Lisbon before 2pm on Day 1 as we will start exploring Lisbon around 4pm
Day 2: Lovely Lisbon
After delicious breakfast in the local bakery, we will head to explore Bairro Alto,one of the most charming neighborhoods of Lisbon, with its small houses and crooked streets. It is a bohemian district by day that changes into a party place at night, when restaurants and bars open their doors.
We will explore the most alternative places looking for the amazing hidden street art. We will search for the outdoor galleries but also the amazing tile work and sidewalk patterns-the old-fashioned street art.
After exploring Barro Alto, we will head straight to the atelier of our lovely host for our Azulejos making workshop! Here you will learn all about Azulejos, from the origins to the contemporary use and see how the process is done from start to finish. And now the best part- you will get a chance to paint your own tile, choosing from a range of designs that you would actually be able to find in Lisbon on your walks!
After the class,the rest of the day is yours to explore the lovely neighbourhoods of Lisbon on your own, or in a company of your new girlfriends.You can stroll through beautiful Alfama, head to Jeronimo’s Monastery or check out the LX Factory,one of the coolest places in Lisbon. With its cute boutiques, art studios, bars and restaurants, you could spend an entire day here. If you’re lucky enough to pop in on a Sunday (and on most of our trips this will be Sunday!!) there is a craft market open until 8pm, with some of the prettiest jewellery you’ve ever seen.
We will meet again in the evening to check out Lisbon’s buzzing nighlife, perhaps listen to some Fado or hit Lisbon’s trendiest nighclubs.
Day 3: Magical Sintra
Today after breakfast we will explore magical village of Sintra -its secrets paths, stunning palaces, breathtaking views and gems that only the locals know about. Our guide will make sure you´ll get the best of Sintra without the masses of tourism and share a local perspective of this magical place. We’ll spend an amazing day in here, enjoy lovely lunch together and head back to Lisbon in the late afternoon.The rest of the evening is yours to relax or explore the city.
Day 4: Goodbye Portugal
Today is our last day so we make sure we get the most of it!
After early breakfast, we will head to Lisbon’s most beautiful locations for our own photoshoot! So put your best dress on as we will be scouting for some unique, Insta-worthy locations while also teaching you the ins and outs of capturing beautiful travel images. Our photographer will show you his favourite shooting spots outside the main streets, hidden corners, colorful courtyards, beautiful azulejos, terraces with a view of the orange tiled roofs, street art, and the iconic yellow trams.
After the photoshoot,we will share a lovely lunch and sadly, part our ways but we are pretty sure the trip will stay in your heart forever! If you're planning to extend your stay in Portugal (which we can not recommend enough!), we'll help you get to the right place.
- You will be free to leave around 2pm
This trip was designed to show you the most beautiful and authentic places in Lisbon. Over 4 days with us you will:
- Sleep in a beautiful apartment in the most charming part of the city
- Dine in some lovely local spots and delightful restaurants to feast on delicious Portuguese flavours
- Go to the best spots in Lisbon to try the world-famous pastry
- Try the world’s best coffee in some of the most breathtaking spots
- Discover genuine and traditional places outside the tourist tracks
- Learn about the art of painting azulejos(tiles) straight from the source and make one yourself!
- Walk the famous Pink Street and experience some of the best nightlife that Lisbon has to offer in Bairro Alto
- Have a photo shoot in some of the Lisbon’s most beautiful pastel tile–lined spots
- Explore magical village of Sintra with a local guide-its secrets paths, stunning views and gems that only the locals know about
- Spend the afternoon strolling through Lisbon’s most charming neighbourhoods with a local guide
- Get lots of free time to explore on your own
- Get a lovely surprise from us!
- Most importantly, have an amazing opportunity to meet,connect and share this experience with other awesome women from around the world!
Here's what is included in our priceIncluded:
- 3 nights in beautiful, charming apartment in Lisbon
- 3 delicious Portuguese breakfasts, 2 traditional lunches,1 authentic Portuguese dinner with us in delightful local restaurants(and a lot of coffee)
- All Ground Transportation (excluding Airport Transfers),although be ready to walk A LOT
- Guided tour through Lisbon’s lively neighbourhoods
- Azulejos Making Class
- Day Trip to Sintra (including entry to Pena Palace)
- Photoshoot in Lisbon’t most picturesque spots
- Passionate Nomans Adventure Leader
- Flights& Visa (if necessary)
- Airport Transfers(can be arranged)
- Food and Entries not mentioned above
- Alcoholic Drinks(except the Welcome Dinner)
- Travel Insurance