Iconic Edinburgh / 4 Days
It is no coincidence that the NoMans Adventure HQs are based in Edinburgh! It is definitely our favourite city and we can’t wait to welcome you here!!
Edinburgh’s beauty is both staggering and inimitable. This is a place that actually looks like it’s stepped out of the pages of a fairytale, with its higgledy-piggledy Old Town, the Castle set up on ancient volcanic rock right in the middle of the city,and its medieval charming maze of little cobbled alleys.
Think centuries of fascinating history, stunning architecture, cobblestone streets and hidden passages,a vibrant dining scene, tonnes of good pubs and cafes and some of the quirkiest shopping scenes you have ever seen.
Edinburgh is also an art lover’s paradise, city of high culture and lofty ideals, art and literature, philosophy and science. It is here that J.K.Rowling wrote her first Harry Potter book and got inspiration for many of its characters,it is here that Stevenson’s infamous Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde was born and where each summer the world’s biggest arts festival takes place! It is also a city of crowded pubs and decadent restaurants, late-night drinking and all-night parties, beer-fuelled poets and foul-mouthed comedians.
This trip is carefully designed to give you a real insider access to Edinburgh’s vibrant local lifestyle, culture and rich history, outside of the heavily beaten tourist paths.
• March 20th-March 23rd , 2020 (9 places left)
• May 22nd -May 25th, 2020 (4 places left)
• September 18th-September 21st, 2020 (3 places left)
Trip Length: 4 days, 3 nights
Trip Style: Culture
Group Size: 4-14
Price: 550 GBP
Day 1: Welcome to Scotlandl!
Welcome to Edinburgh, one of the world’s most beautiful cities! While we wait for the rest of the girls to arrive, we will spend the early afternoon settling in and chilling with a wee dram of whisky, or two.
Once everyone have arrived, we will explore the city together. Edinburgh is a city of grand outlooks, and one of the best perspectives can be gained from the top of Calton Hill. It’s a short, steep climb to the summit, rewarding you with stunning views across the city.It is also our favourite place in town!
We will then head to the famous Royal Mile - the backbone of the Old Town that leads from Edinburgh Castle down to the Palace of Holyrood. But don't let the quaint cobbled streets fool you-there is a dark and grisly underbelly to this city, one which comes out at night! As evening falls, we will explore the Old Town’s haunted graveyards and underground to discover a different side of Edinburgh, full of twisted crimes and cruel punishments, witches, ghosts, bodysnatchers and its downright sadistic characters. And no,it is not one of these lame ghost tours you are thinking of! It is actually an authentic(well mostly), pretty scary and creepy journey through Edinburgh’s vaults and passages hidden under the ground.Definitely something not to be missed while in Edinburgh! Just be ready for some goosebumps.
After the tour,we will walk through the picturesque Victoria Street to the buzzing Grassmarket, an old cattle market that once upon a time was home to Edinburgh’s public executions, but is now lined with traditional pubs, pavement cafes and restaurants. This is where we will have our welcome dinner and lots of whisky to celebrate a wonderful weekend ahead!
- Please try and arrive in Edinburgh before 3pm on Day 1 as we will start exploring the city around 5pm
Day 2: Explore Edinburgh’s Old Town
Today will be a very active day so put your most comfy shoes on!
After the hearty Scottish breakfast we will make our way towards Arthur's Seat.There is probably no better way to start your day than with a bracing walk up an extinct volcano in the heart of the city.Royal parks don’t get more majestic than this. On a clear day the panoramic views across the city are truly breathtaking but be prepared for a strenuous, although quite short, uphill walk. It is also right in the middle of the Holyrood Park, with its epic marshlands, lochs, and ruins, and its Holyrood Palace-the Queen's summer hangout.
We will then explore the Royal Mile and its surroundings again, this time in broad daylight, passing some iconic landmarks as well as many well hidden local gems. Old Town is the Edinburgh of your imagination: cobbled streets, higgledy-piggledy houses, dark passages and more shops selling the holy trinity of cashmere, kilts and whisky than you can possibly imagine!
You can not escape Harry Potter when you come to the Old Town in Edinburgh so from the café where J.K. Rowling wrote her first book we'll take you on a tour of the magical places that inspired imagination of many writes.
Charming Victoria Street will lead us to the Grassmarket, affording stunning views up to the Castle, as it dominates above you in one of the city's most vibrant areas. Here, over 90% of the businesses are independently owned and where you'll find quite a selection pretty unique shops(think vintage clothes,Harry Potter stuff, fossils and medieval weaponry).
Throughout this time we will be making plenty of stops at our favourite places to try the local delicacies and some great, artisanal coffee. We should finish in the late afternoon and rest of the day is yours to relax or explore some more.
You can check out some of the most quirky shops,visit the Castle, the Holyrood Palace or one of the amazing galleries of museums -you are spoiled for choice.
Day 3: New Day,New Town
Every day should begin with a top-notch coffee so we will head to one of the best cafes in town to start our day of exploring the other side of the city, the New Town.
Passing the beautiful Princess Street Gardens , we will get some of the city's best views of the Castle. From here we will head into the New Town, which (along with the Old Town) is a Unesco World Heritage Site and a masterpiece of Georgian urban planning and grand architecture.
The New Town is also where you'll find some of Edinburgh's trendiest and most exciting retailers, cocktail bars, restaurants and cafes.
Today we will also have a photographer joining us for part of the day to hep us find the perfect spots for some stunning photos-so you can take home a beautiful gallery of personalised pictures, a unique souvenir of your time in Edinburgh.
We will have a lovely lunch together, explore the most charming little village/neighbourhood, hidden away below the city, full of picturesque little houses and Water of Leith running through it.
You will have the rest of the afternoon to explore the New Town, perhaps browse the boutiques or simply relax in one of the trendy cafés, before we meet in the late evening to explore the Edinburgh bustling pub scene.
Day 4: Goodbye Edinburgh
Today is our last day so we make sure we get the most of it!After early breakfast, depending on the weather and our moods,we will either explore the Leith-Edinburg’s most eclectic, edgy neighbourhood, or the Portobello beach and promenade with its slightly faded glamour, wonky vibes, and two mile stretch of golden sand. After the farewell coffee, we will part our ways but we are pretty sure the trip will stay in your heart forever and we will meet together again! If you're planning to extend your stay in Scotland, we'll help you get to the right place .
- You will be free to leave around 1pm
This trip was carefully designed to give you a real insider access to Edinburgh's vibrant local lifestyle, culture and rich history. Over 4 days with us you will:
- Dine in some lovely local spots and delightful eateries to experience the Edinburgh’s vibrant dining scene
- Try the famous Haggis and best Fish and Chips in town
- Try the world’s best whisky at its very source
- Experience one of the most curious and unique shopping scenes in the country
- Hike up the Arthur’s Seat for breathtaking views of the city
- Explore the Edinburgh's two faces: the Old Town and the New Town
- Walk down and explore the world famous Royal Mile
- See where the Queen hangs and entertains her guests in summer
- See where J.K.Rowling wrote her first Harry Potter book and got inspiration for many of its characters
- Discover genuine and traditional places outside the tourist tracks
- Admire the in stunning view from the Calton Hill
- Discover Edinurgh’s hidden world
- Get some beautiful shots during our New Town’s Photoshoot
- Get a lovely surprise from us!
- Experience the Edinburgh’s vibrant nightlife
- Explore magical Dean Village with and its secrets gardens
- Get lots of free time to explore on your own
- Most importantly, have an amazing opportunity to meet,connect and share this experience with other awesome women from around the world!
Here's what is included in our priceIncluded:
- 3 nights in beautiful, central apartment/B&B in Edinburgh
- 3 delicious breakfasts,1 lunch,1 traditional Scottish dinner with us in delightful local pub
- Whisky Tasting
- Trying out different local food while we explore the Old Town’s hidden gems(day2)
- All Ground Transportation (excluding Airport Transfers),although we will be mostly walking, A LOT
- Guided Night Tour through Edinburgh’s underground
- Photoshoot in Edinburgh’s most picturesque spots
- Passionate Nomans Adventure Leader
- Flights& Visa (if necessary)
- Airport Transfers(can be arranged)
- Food and Entries not mentioned above
- Alcoholic Drinks(except when mentioned)
- Travel Insurance