Charming Wroclaw / 4 Days
Beautiful Wroclaw is Nomans Adventure’s second home and we can’t wait to welcome you here!!
As European Capital of Culture, the city has been attracting visitors flocking to see Wroclaw’s fabulous historic old town, picturesque bridges and islands, charming courtyards with chic cafes,a vibrant dining scene and some of the trendiest bars you have ever seen.
With its beautiful architecture, kind and very welcoming people, a fascinating history that saw the city fight WWII and Communism, Wroclaw is a city to enjoy slowly. You could easily spend days just wandering around, getting lost in its charming cobbled streets, checking out all the fabulous architecture and tasting all the amazing food Poland has to offer, while keeping an eye out for Wroclaw’s most famous attraction- the hundreds of little cute dwarfs scattered around the city!
But most of all Wroclaw is a simply city full of good vibes, energy and a very vibrant cultural scene.It is one of the most innovative cultural centres in Europe and there is always plenty going on here.
This trip is carefully designed to give you a real insider access to Wroclaw lifestyle, culture and rich history, outside of the heavily beaten tourist paths so you can fully immerse yourself in the Polish way of life.
• November 22nd-November 25th, 2019 (5 places left)
• December 27th -December 30th, 2019 (6 places left)
• July 24th -July 27th, 2020 (8 places left)
Trip Length: 4 days, 3 nights
Trip Style: Food&Culture
Group Size: 4-14
Price: 420 GBP
Day 1: Welcome to Poland!
Welcome to Wroclaw, one of the Eastern Europe’s most beautiful cities! While we wait for the rest of the girls to arrive, we will spend the early afternoon settling in watching the world go by in one of the cozy cafes!
Once everyone have arrived, we will explore the city together.
We will head straight to the Rynek-a beating heart of the city,to learn about its fascinating history. Declared as one of the most beautiful market squares in Europe with its colourful,masterfully decorated buildings lining the square, this is one of the most vibrant and crowded places in the city.
In the evening we will stroll the beautiful Ostrow Tumski(Cathedral Island), the oldest part of the city dating back to the 10th century, when it was a religious centre of the first settlement of Wrocław. The beautiful buildings, manicured gardens, narrow cobbled streets, magnificently high gothic cathedral and manually lit gas lamps make this place pretty magical at night!
After exploring the city, we will have our welcome dinner in one of the Wroclaw’s hotspots to celebrate a wonderful weekend ahead! You will also be sampling some of the best favourite flavoured vodkas tonight (not vodka as you know it!) while taking a crash course in vodka history, production and culture.
- Please try and arrive in Wroclaw before 2pm on Day 1 as we will start exploring the city around 4pm
Day 2: Alternative Wroclaw’s
After breakfast at the local café we will invite you on a magical stroll through the city’s Old Town and its most trendy districts to see the highlights of Wroclaw, but also to discover hidden gems of the city and get to know some incredible stories.
Of course, we will do lots of dwarf hunting and we will tell you the fascinating history of how dwarfs became the symbol of Wroclaw.There are over 350 miniature dwarf statues dotted around the city doing all kinds of things and one of the best things to do in Wroclaw is to try and find as many of them as you can! Wroclaw dwarfs can lurk over the windows few metres above the ground, sometimes they are stuck closely on the wall, some are hidden behind an object - we will need a keen eye for detail to spot them.
We will try lots of different Polish treats as we explore the city today and in the afternoon we will take you to the most edgy neighbourhood, Nadodrze, on the hipster side of the city.
You will also discover less crowded streets, where you will feel the true climate of the district, some amazing pre-war tenements and lots of street art.The street art movement in Wroclaw is the largest in Poland, predominately due to the young population here and has started to gain mainstream acceptance in recent times.
You will have the rest of the afternoon to explore on your own.
We will meet again in the evening in the ‘District of Mutual Respect’ – a unique neighborhood southwest of the market square which has the places of worship of four different denominations (side by side ) including the city’s only surviving Jewish synagogue.Here it is also where you'll find some of Wroclaw's trendiest and most exciting retailers, cocktail bars, restaurants and cafes.
Day 3: Hydropolis+ Pierogi Making
Every day should begin with a top-notch coffee so we will head to one of the best cafes in town to start our day of exploring the other side of the city, the New Town.
Today we will also take you to our favourite place in town,the Hydropolis!
Housed in a 19th century disused underground water tank, Hydropolis is a very hi-tech museum,not surprisingly, about water and one of the most unique places in Poland. You will learn about water here from various fascinating perspectives,from its role in our bodies and culture,its daily distribution, water engineering, to fascinating stories of ocean explorers and displays of unique deepsea creatures. We promise you you’ll love this interactive museum!
After exploring the secrets of water, we will make our own lunch today.
For sure you have heard of Pierogi - the most famous Polish comfort food that is fun to make and delicious!So today we want to invite you for one of the kind pierogi class to the private apartment located in Wroclaw.
We will teach you how to prepare the Polish national plate from scratch and we will have some traditional Polish snacks and drinks while we cook together.
You will get to know how to knead the dough, you will learn various techniques of folding the dumplings and discover hacks that make them really tasty. At the end we will obviously eat pierogi together and talk about history, culture, people, traditions of Poland. At the end you will get the leaflet with the recipe to try at home.
You will have the rest of the day to to explore the city, perhaps browse the boutiques or simply relax in one of the trendy bars, before we meet in the late evening to explore the Wroclaw’s bustling nightlife.
Day 4: Goodbye Wroclaw.
Today is our last day so we make sure we get the most of it!
After early breakfast, depending on the weather and our moods,we will either explore some edgy neighbourhood of Wroclaw, visit the famous Panorama Raclawicka or perhaps attend some cultural event happening in the city. After the farewell coffee, we will part our ways but we are pretty sure the trip will stay in your heart forever and we will meet together again! If you're planning to extend your stay in Poland, we'll help you get to the right place.
- You will be free to leave around 1pm
This trip wascarefully designed to give you a real insider access to Wroclaw's vibrant local lifestyle, culture and rich history. Over 4 days with us you will:
- Learn all about the fascinating Polish history and culture
- Admire one of the most beautiful market squares in Europe
- Explore magical Cathedral Island with and its secrets gardens
- Go Dwarf Hunting scattered all around the city!
- Discover genuine and traditional places outside of the tourist tracks
- Explore the alternative culture of Wroclaw and look out for some lovely street art
- Experience the Wroclaw’s buzzy nightlife
- Dine in some lovely local spots and delightful eateries to experience the Wroclaw’s vibrant dining scene
- Try some of Poland's most quirky dishes
- Find your favourite flavour of vodka and explore Wroclaw’s thriving “shot and snack” scene
- Step back in time through the doors of a communist era shot bars and milk bars
- Learn to make best Pierogi from the Pierogi master!
- Experience one of the most unique cultural scenes in the country
- Get a lovely surprise from us
- Get lots of free time to explore on your own
- Most importantly, have an amazing opportunity to meet, connect and share this experience with other awesome women from around the world!
HERE'S WHAT IS INCLUDED IN OUR PRICEIncluded:
- An amazing itinerary crafted to let you see and experience the most fascinating aspects of the Polish culture!
- Extensive pre-departure information to help you prepare for the trip
- 3 nights in beautiful, central apartment in Wroclaw
- 3 delicious breakfasts,1 street food tasting,1 lunch,1 welcome Polish dinner with us in delightful local restaurant
- Pierogi Cooking Class
- Flavoured Vodka Tasting
- All Ground Transportation (excluding Airport Transfers),although we will be mostly walking, A LOT
- Entry to all Attractions mentioned above
- Passionate Nomans Adventure Leader
- Flights& Visa (if necessary)
- Airport Transfers(can be arranged)
- Food and Entries not mentioned above
- Alcoholic Drinks(except when mentioned)
- Travel Insurance